September 24th, 2020
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — In the midst of a global pandemic and protests, Black leaders from across the globe are banding together to create Black Culture Weekly. This platform features a state of the art mobile app and website created by longtime activist, Aspiration:Unlimited LLC CEO/Founder Jeremiah Isaiah, who was inspired to develop the platform while being wrongfully arrested as a member of the #GoodTrouble65. Other pivotal co-founders include Rev. Stephen Green who most recently lead actions in Lousivlle, KY around the police murder of EMT, Breonna Taylor and Attorney Stephanie Morales, who is one of few people in history to prosecute an officer for the killing of an unarmed black person.
Senior Political and Equity Advisor and President and CEO of WJS Consulting, LLC Waikinya J.S. Clanton will also join the team as a community engagement strategist. This initiative is designed to connect black audiences with news and ways to engage with black led partner organizations like Alicia Garza’s Black Futures Lab. Another core mission of the program is to fight the decline of over 40% of Black businesses during COVID through the donation of $1M worth of apps/websites.
- “The Young Black Storytellers Project” is aimed at recruiting and training young black journalists to become more active in shaping their community narratives. Co-founder Brianna Rhodes brings a wealth of experience that includes The Washington Post, The Grio and Blavity. She will be joined in the newsroom by former ABC News Reporter, Christen Hill. Frequent MSNBC Correspondent and Host of Make It Plain, Mark Thompson will also serve as a Senior Advisor on breaking news.
- “Black Culture TV” led by Actress/Producer Lauren E. Banks will serve as Director of Programming, alongside former Need To Impeach Videographer Seth Tweneboa and featuring Dr. Jalaal Hayes’s STEAM EDUtainment
- “The Black Culture Innovators Program” focuses on identifying and training aspiring black entrepreneurs to increase Black business ownership with HBCU Wall Street, who recently helped direct $5M into the Black businesses through the #MyBlackReceipt campaign.
- “Fight BLACK” connects viewers to take action and find careers through key Black grassroots organizers and organizations like Our Black Party, Black Male Voter Project, Amplify Action, The Equity Alliance, Faith for Black Lives, Black Futures Lab and The Vision Walkers.
- Seek to combat the lack Black political/government contractors through helping secure contracts for firms like Rosemark, Rendertech, WJS Consulting LLC, Samuel Consultancy Group and Capital Strategies. Co-Founder, Oscar Frazier is the owner of nDemand Consulting Services focusing on global crisis management and countering violent extremism (CVE) across 7 countries within the continent of Africa, as well as all things tech in the federal and commercial spaces.
- Provide expert analysis and updates on Black Health and the COVID-19 pandemic with biweekly reports from Heal Our People Inc. Founder and CUNY Health Programs Director, Dr. Micah Griffin.
- Raise money for scholarships for Black students through a partnership with Race For Achievement, an organization founded in the memory of Charleston Shooting victim Tywanza Sanders.
- Work with I Love Black People to register and engage 500k Black voters through state-of-the-art QR codes as part of their effort to build a global network to protect Black people from the harm and humiliation of racism and xenophobia.
Other features for users include “Shop Black AF”, “Black Fitness Gurus” featuring UK Mega influencer @lelasiimone, “Black Realtors Alliance”, “Creatives Corner”, “Exploration Society” and “Beauty + Beyond”